In this episode we dig up one of our first podcasts from December 2008, which is one of the first Atari dedicated podcasts ever recorded. This low-fi descent into the aughties, complete with bad mics, driving noise, and half-baked ideas is where we began. It’s also a bit prophetic about Atari in 2018. We also have a couple short nonfiction pieces by Steve Fulton, a collection update from Jeff, and more.
Our next episode will be about the game Asteroids in all forms including sequels and inspired games. If you have a story about any Asteroids or related game, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM them to @Atari_VB_Pod on Twitter.
- Subscribe on iTunes or Google Play
- The intro music and many, but not all, of the ambient 8-bit sounds you hear through out the podcast were created with a loop library by 8bitweapon.
- Reach us for comments and suggestions via email at email@example.com
- Tell us what you hate or like on Facebook and Twitter
- Original Atari Nerd Podcast: http://www.8bitrocket.com/2008/12/02/atari-nerdpodcast-1-bonus/
- Original VGFS 8200 Post: 8bitweapon
- The 8bitrocket.com site
- FaceBook Into the Vertical Blank
- Twitter Into The Vertical Blank (@Atari_VB_POD)
- Twitter 8itrocket (@8bitrocket) Jeff’s Twitter
- Twitter FultonBot (@fultonbot) Steve’s Twitter
- Nir Dary’s Twitter
- Nir Dary’s YouTube Brilliance
- Buy Making Games for the Atari 2600 By Steve Hugg
- Buy Making 8-bit Arcade Games in C
- Buy The Atari Assembler
- Buy Atari 2600 Homebrew Games Volume 1
- Find Atari XE Games on Ebay
- Find Atari 2600 Hero on Ebay
- Find Atari 7800 Super Skate Boardin’ on Ebay
- Find Atari 5200 Miner 2049er